Digital Marketing Salary in India for Fresher’s and Experienced
In this Digital Era, numbers of growing companies all across the globe are establishing their online presence; the need for digital marketing is also on a rapid rise. Now-a-days, businesses are more eager and willing to spend on internet-mediated branding, advertising, and marketing activities. Print, television and radio advertising seem to have almost taken a backseat. Digital marketing industry is growing exponentially and leaving traditionally popular mediums behind. And this directly says, it is streaming with employment opportunities for people having relevant skills.
If you think you have the skill, talent, and interest to be in this challenging and dynamic industry, then here you part of it. But before you make any decision, it’s important that you know about the best roles to assume in this field, and also the compensations digital marketing professionals make at different positions.
Keeping this in mind, we have listed out here all important and relevant information that you would immensely benefit from
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Pay Per Click Analyst
- SEO Expert
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing Experts
1) Digital Marketing Manager
If you want to be a digital marketing manager, then it’s important for you to know that you might have a brighter future in a digital marketing agency, an internet company, or an IT firm. Candidate profile need 3 to 4 years to turn into Marketing manager as it totally depends upon your flexibility and adaptability towards your marketing approach and how strategically to execute your campaigns. Further, as a manager, you will be required to manage and mentor people. At positions like Assistant Manager DM and Digital Marketing Lead, you will definitely make impressive earnings.
Digital Marketing Managers roles that they perform
Digital marketing manager must have immense expertise in the management of online marketing functions such as content marketing, email promotions, SEM, PPC, and SEO. Some of the responsibilities that Manager need to shoulder on a regular basis are-
- Need to plan and execute digital marketing campaigns.
- Need to have an in-depth understanding of the concepts of SEO, conversion ratio, etc.
- They also play a pivotal role in organic and manage paid social media campaigns.
- They should have a strong grip over performance marketing.
- They keep track of the performance of campaigns across digital marketing platforms.
- They need to up to date and undertake to budget based on the findings.
- A good manager has majestic communication skills and they keep themselves updated with current happenings in the field of digital marketing.
Digital Marketing Manager Salary in India
The mean salary of a person serving in this position is INR 8,09,777, with the experience of about 4 to 8 years.
Digital marketing Manager Salary in India for fresher’s as well as the experienced falls is INR 4,00,000 to 18,00,000. Actually, salary depends on a lot of factors like the location of employment, the qualification of the candidate, the industry type, and also the kind of Digital Marketing Certification they have. For instance, the average salary of a person living in Mumbai is invariably going to be higher than someone employed in Hyderabad.
2) PPC Analyst
PPC Analyst or SEM Analyst is quite a often position in the field of online marketing. To do well in this job, you have to understand the psychology behind consumer clicks. You will also have to have a thorough understanding of campaign creation. To be hired by an employer of your choice and receive the desired salary, you will have to show them that you are able to drive home better returns against any given investment.
PPC Analysts or PPC Executives roles that they perform
- You must have Analytical and technical skills in your kitty if you are a PPC executive.
- Also need to manage paid Ad campaigns on Google Ads, Bing, and other similar ad networks.
- A PPC specialist manages the Ad campaigns on social media networks such as Facebook, Quora, and LinkedIn.
- They maintain keyword bids, improve quality score, and track budget.
- These need to be thorough with Google Analytics and other analytics and reporting tools.
PPC Analyst or PPC Executive Salary
The average salary that a PPC Analyst takes home is INR 2,50,000 per year. You can make this earning with just a year of experience. More interestingly, you will be able to make more or less the same amount with a couple of months of internship and a decent amount of knowledge in the field of PPC.
With higher experience, you can earn up to as much as INR 6,00,000. To earn better as a PPC professional, you will have to reach up to the level of Assistant Manager or Team Leader. Since PPC executives also handle budget, the demand for competent PPC professionals is extremely high. Also, legitimization being an important goal of digital platforms, the field of PPC can be quite profitable for someone who can manage pay-per-click functions with great dexterity.
3) SEO Expert
SEO is the most effective way to attract high converting and sustainable traffic. Although, to be a desirable candidate for relevant jobs, it’s important that you develop a command over Google Analytics, SEMrush, Search Console, and other SEO tools. SEO is an interesting and important field of work as your skills can determine the fate of the company you are associated with.
Compensations in this field primarily depend on the knowledge and experience of candidates. While SEO fresher’s Salary in India is average, it might sharply increase with an increase in the knowledge and experience of candidates, as discussed above.
SEO Specialists roles that they perform
- SEO Specialists must have a thorough knowledge of ranking algorithms.
- They also need to be well familiar with technical SEO.
- They make sure their company website abides by search engine guidelines and also offers an impressive user experience.
- They not just suggest appropriate keywords to businesses and also create relevant content focusing on such keywords.
SEO Analyst Salary in India
The average salary of an SEO Executive in India is close to INR 2,20,000. This is applicable to those who have a year to two year of experience. At the intern level, you might be paid around INR 15,000 a month in cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, and Pune. The compensation for SEO experts can be up to INR 8,00,000 annually, with better skills and a higher experience. SEO experts with experience and exceptional skills can earn more than INR 15,00,000 a year.
4) Social Media Marketing
In this Digital World, social media plays a very important role; the way people socialize and interact with one another. Hence, perhaps someone in today’s world who doesn’t have a social media account. That is why every business wants a strong social media presence along with an impactful overall existence over the internet. To make their existing and potential customers is high, and also to have more traffic on their website pages, businesses hire social media marketers having high-level expertise in the field of social media marketing.
If you are well-versed in Buzzsumo, Buffer, Hootsuite and other SMM tools is extremely important if you want people to trust your social media marketing capabilities.
Compensations primarily depend on the performance you give. Since, professionals interact with customers on a one-on-one basis, they need to stay cheerful, positive, and well- informed, so that they don’t leave their customers disappointed. If you have these qualities, then you won’t take long to scale great heights in the field of social media marketing. Experience does matter here, but what matters most are your social skills.
Social Media Marketing Experts roles that they perform
- As a social media expert, one needs to create engaging, quality and relevant content that would strike the right chord with the organization’s target audience.
- Required to prepare campaigns for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Instagram.
- They might have conversations with people or answer queries whenever such a need arises.
- They strategize their marketing efforts in such a way that their organization receives the desired customer reviews or ratings online.
- They monitor or track social media trends closely so as to capitalize on them.
The Salary of a Social Media Marketing Expert
Social media experts make similar earnings as PPC executives. So, you can earn between INR 1,50,000 to 3,50,000 if you are a fresher or are having an experience of fewer than 3 years. At the position of an Executive, your salary could go as high as INR 5,00,000. To be able to earn more than that, you might have to reach a managerial position. Talking about the average annual salary of a social media manager, it is about INR 5,60,000. However, if you can show your mettle, you can earn a compensation of up to 10,00,000 a year. Social media experts are in high demand for digital marketing agencies. A lot of companies also outsource this job to social media marketing agencies.
5) Content Marketing Experts
Whatever we want to publish or advertise, by using email newsletters, campaigns, and podcasts to graphics and visuals, videos, blog posts, and copywriting, is as a considered content in the world of the Internet. To take care of these various aspects, companies need a Content Marketing Manager who leads and direct people in this domain with their leadership qualities and expertise. Although in a lot of companies, this responsibility is handled by the SEO department, it is such an important area of work that it does call for dedicated attention, and hence, requires dedicated people at specialized positions such as Content Marketing Manager, to oversee work.
Content Marketing Managers roles that they perform
- Content managers are not just responsible for creating and improving content but also promoting it, so as to help companies achieve their business goals.
- They are responsible for creating brand awareness, fulfilling conversion goals, and growing web traffic.
- They facilitate customer engagement and a satisfactory customer experience apart from ensuring brand image consistency, by looking after all content marketing initiatives and activities.
- They oversee the website of their company- its core content, copy, and blogs published in it. Meaning, they make the audience aware of the company and also the things it wants to convey, through meaningful content.
- They oversee content distribution over social media platforms and other online channels for attracting web traffic.
The Salary of a Content Marketing Manager/ Specialist/ Executive
CM Manager doesn’t just involve the creation of content but also its promotion. This means they perform two roles under one position. Hence, Digital marketing salary is decent when you serve as a Content Marketing Manager/Specialist/Executive. In fact, it is higher as compared to an SEO executive’s salary. You can earn up to INR 2,00,000 to 4,00,000 if you are a fresher or have an experience of fewer than 3 years. A medium-level experience of around 3 to 5 years can easily earn you compensation ranging between 4 and 10 lakhs per annum. And the great salary would be around 1 million rupees on an average in India. In case you are working as a Content Marketing head, which requires the experience of more than 8 years, you will easily draw a salary of about INR 10,00,000 to 20,00,000 yearly.
One most important thing that you need to keep in mind is that the above mentioned are not rigid figures, they are subject to change based on various factors such as the location of employment. For instance, in cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, and Chennai offer high salaries for their Digital Marketing professionals. On the other hand, places like Hyderabad, Delhi, Pune, and Kolkata pay lesser as compared to the above cities.
A person having a great f mastery over their digital marketing skills is likely to earn better than their less skilled and less knowledgeable counterparts. Your earning also depends on how quickly you learn and grow and also cause your company to grow. So, overall it’s a great province of work if you know the ropes well!